Looking after an infant or a young baby can be tiring especially when you have other chores. You need the right skills and devices to care for your baby. When your baby is away in another room, you may want to monitor them. A digital audio baby monitor is one of the tools that will make your task simple. You can use a digital audio baby monitor to monitor your baby when still doing other duties at home. Not all baby monitors will be suitable for you and your baby. You require the best audio baby monitor for the best experience.
In this audio baby monitor reviews, we shall guide you in selecting the best device for monitoring your baby. Our selection contains tested baby monitors that mothers love.
Table of Contents
- How to choose best audio baby monitor
- Best audio baby monitor reviews 2019
- 1. VTech DM223 Safe & Sound DECT 6.0 Digital Audio Baby Monitor ( Highly recommended )
- 2. VTech DM221-2 Safe & Sound Digital Audio Baby Monitor with Two Parent Units
- 3. VTech DM111-2 Safe & Sound Digital Audio Baby Monitor with Two Parent Units
- 4. Philips Avent SCD501, Audio Baby Monitor
- 5. Philips Avent SCD570, Audio Baby Monitor with Temperature Sensor and Night Mode ( Highly recommended )
How to choose best audio baby monitor
Lullaby option: Some audio baby monitors come with lullaby option which allows you to play soothing sounds for your baby. Lullaby option is useful because it allows you to sooth your baby especially at night or when they are crying.
Indicator lights: These indicator lights alert you when the battery of the monitor is empty. Some audio monitors also alert you if the receiver monitor has crossed the range limit.
Range: When selecting a monitor, you will want to consider the size of your home or where you will want to monitor your baby from. You should make sure the receiver monitor maintains contact with the transmitting monitor whenever you are in the house.
Multiple receivers: In case, you worry that your home may be big for a single monitor to maintain range all times, you might want to buy a monitor with multiple receivers. The multiple receivers will be positioned at different points in your house.
Best audio baby monitor reviews 2019
1. VTech DM223 Safe & Sound DECT 6.0 Digital Audio Baby Monitor ( Highly recommended )
The VTech Audio Baby Monitor helps you hear every sound that your baby makes throughout the house. It also connects you to your baby from your home yard or anywhere in your house. It features a DECT 6.0 digital technology that provides clear audio transmission and superior range. It alerts you when the baby is crying or making any moves. You can also comfort your baby via the Two-Way Talk intercom. You can also sing lullaby songs to soothe your baby. This will calm your baby because they need to hear their mothers’ voice.
This audio baby monitor is portable so you can carry it with you everywhere you go. It also allows you to do your other work in a quiet environment when muted or the sound is turned down. Once the sound is muted, the LEDS on the parent unit notifies you on the level of sound in your baby’s room. It produces vibrating sound alerting you when the baby is fussing.
- Indicates the level of sound in your baby’s room
- Parent unit can be adjusted to beep if the rechargeable battery is low
- Easy to use because you listen to your baby and talk back from where you are
- The night light LEDS on the baby’s unit eliminates the dark in your baby’s nursery
- Clear transmission range to soothe your baby from anywhere in your home
- Doesn’t play video on what’s happening with your baby
- Relatively expensive
2. VTech DM221-2 Safe & Sound Digital Audio Baby Monitor with Two Parent Units
The VTech audio baby monitor makes you stay close and much connected to you baby even when you are not in the same room You can hear every sound that comes from your baby giving you the peaceful time to do other daily activities. You can also spend much time with your loved ones while monitoring your baby. Once your baby is awake or crying, you can comfort them via the two-way talk mode.
With excellent technology, this device offers clear transmission waves without interference. You will only hear the sound that comes from your baby thanks to the transmission waves. The DECT technology also transmits a secure and encrypted signal that alerts you when the baby is crying, awake. This makes you rest comfortably assured that you’re the only one who can hear your baby.
The loop on the baby unit doubles as a soothing night light for your baby resulting in a great sleep. In the vibration mode, the parent unit alerts you when the baby is making moves or crying
- Only receives the sounds of your baby
- Signals the level of sound in your baby’s room even when the receiver is muted
- Comes with a rechargeable battery
- Simple to use for all caregivers
- No Wi-Fi connectivity
- Battery lasts only 18 hours when fully charged
3. VTech DM111-2 Safe & Sound Digital Audio Baby Monitor with Two Parent Units
The VTech audio baby monitor is a great device for mothers who want to monitor their babies with ease. It’s easy to use even for first-time mothers. You only need to belt-clip it and carry it with you wherever you go. This helps you monitor your baby’s sound when they are crying or fussing.
This digital baby monitor comes with a DECT 6.0 digital technology which receives only the background noise of your baby. It prevents further disruptions giving a clear transmission on what’s happening in your baby’s nursery. You can also increase or decrease the volume of your monitor to hear your baby clearly.
Once the receiver is muted you can still monitor the level of sound of your baby through the five LED lights on the parent unit.
- Its configuration includes two parent units
- Increase or decrease the volume to the level for clear transmission range
- Parent unit can be set to beep if the battery run low
- Great for use in your baby’s nursery
- Parents units need two alkaline batteries
- No Two-Way talk mode to communicate to your baby
4. Philips Avent SCD501, Audio Baby Monitor
The AVENT DECT is one of the most reliable monitors for day or night. You also stay connected to your baby because you hear all that is going on in your baby’s room. This monitor comes with a DECT technology that guarantees zero interference from other transmitting devices. Its operating range varies depending on the position you have placed it.
You can place the parent unit anywhere within your room and adjust the sound to hear the sound of your baby. You can also control the sound by dialing it down during the quiet times or when you need a calm environment.
This amazing audio baby monitor comes with a five sound activated LEDs that notifies you the level of sound in your kid’s room even when the parent unit receiver is muted. You can also soothe and calm your baby to sleep with the warm tranquil glow of the night light. If the batteries are fully charged the gadget operates up to 24 hours.
- Designed for interchangeable batteries
- It gives quality and clear sound transmissions
- The parent unit can be plug or battery powered
- Battery lasts for about 24 hours
- No lullabies and natural sounds to soothe your baby
- No Two-Way talk communication to your baby
5. Philips Avent SCD570, Audio Baby Monitor with Temperature Sensor and Night Mode ( Highly recommended )
The Avent DECT baby monitor with temperature sensor gives you no worries of your baby’s room temperature. Its customized temperature sensor allows you to monitor the hotness or coldness in your baby’s room and whether is suitable for your baby. If the temperature changes, the monitor alerts you through the digital display on the parent unit. If the room temperature gets cold you can soothe your baby to sleep with the warm, comforting glow of the night light or select one of the five gentle lullabies. You can also soothe and calm your baby via the talk back mode when they are crying.
This baby monitor is built with a DECT technology that only transmits the sound from your baby. Also its data encryption provides a secure and private connection between your parent unit and the baby unit, ensuring that you are the only one who can hear your baby. In addition, it provides a quality and clear sound so you can hear your baby anytime. It’s sound activated lights indicate the level of sounds in your baby room alerting you when your baby is restless. It also displays even when the parent unit is muted.
- Monitors the room temperature of your baby
- Talkback feature and night light to soothe and calm your baby anytime
- Vibration alert when the receiver is muted
- Several lullabies to soothe your baby to sleep
- No unique feeding set up alarm
- No record mode for playback
Looking after your baby should be a simple task. Get one of the best audio baby monitors and start monitoring your baby in style. These monitors come with excellent features that allow you to monitor your baby while doing other chores in the house. We hope the audio baby monitor reviews have given you a straightforward guide to selecting an ideal device. Ensure your audio baby monitor serves your needs.